CO-CHAIR PLYMOUTH CYCLING CAMPAIGN REQUIRED
If you would like to be considered for this important role, helping the Campaign to improve opportunities for cycling in and around Plymouth, please either come to our next meeting or email email@example.com
JOB DESCRIPTION CO-CHAIR PLYMOUTH CYCLING CAMPAIGN
This is a voluntary position, currently unpaid, (funding could perhaps be found in the future if a strong case could be developed). Support would be given by existing committee members.
Tasks you might be expected to help with.
- chair quarterly meetings, alternating with co-chair
- help formulate policy and campaigns in cooperation with the other active members
- be prepared to meet occasionally with committee members between general meetings
- suggest new campaigns
- take the Campaign in new directions
- Passionate about promoting sustainable transport in all its forms, with strong emphasis on cycling
- A good communicator
- Comfortable dealing with employees, officers and councillors from PCC, Sustrans, local businesses, the Police and other voluntary organisations and campaigns
- a basic understanding of, or at least a willingness to learn about, current legislation around cyclists’ rights and obligations
- a basic knowledge of, or at least a willingness to learn about, current standards for the design of cycle paths, tracks and trails, both on and off road
- Prepared to argue the case for better facilities for cycling in and around Plymouth