Plymouth Cycling Campaign
The Plymouth Cycling Campaign was formed in summer 2010, comprising as many as possible of the various bodies, clubs and individuals who are committed to cycling in and around Plymouth, South Devon and South-East Cornwall.
We hold meetings every couple of months. Click for our next meeting. Everyone is welcome. Let’s have a lively discussion and find out what issues matter to you.. All welcome – come and have your say or just come to listen and find out what is happening with cycling in Plymouth and surroundings. The minutes of the last meeting are here.
If you would like to register your email address with us you will be informed of upcoming meetings and events and campaigns. Simply complete the following form. We promise not to use your email address in any way apart from this, and you can unsubscribe at any time by simply replying to any one of our emails to you with the word unsubscribe.
The Campaign is a recognised consultee by Plymouth City Council, which means we have a voice on all matters related to cycling, walking and sustainable transport in the City, as well as transport planning in general. We work closely with other local authorities, and support and cooperate with Sustrans, the charity for sustainable transport which designs and maintains the National Cycle Network.
In addition we organise events and cycling activities, particularly focussing on those groups who would like to cycle more but do not do so for various reasons.
The Plymouth Cycling Campaign is on Facebook. Visit our page, join the group and Like us! Tell us about your cycling experiences and activities.
The GoogleGroup for the Plymouth Cycling Campaign. This group is no longer active.
The Plymouth Cycling Campaign needs you! What do you as a cyclist or interested party want to see the Campaign focus on, i.e. better cycle parking, more cycle friendly commuter routes, a greater emphasis by the Council in promoting cycling as a lifestyle choice, etc?
We have already received responses from the group with an interesting range of ideas and opinions which we can focus on and/or discuss. Thank you for your input and support.
Our general aims are:
* to provide a stronger, more united voice for Plymouth cyclists
* to campaign and lobby to improve cycling facilities and infrastructure for the city of Plymouth eg working with the council to ensure that there are safe routes from outlying hubs to the city centre
* to petition for a dedicated cycling officer on Plymouth City Council so that we can feed our concerns to an interested and receptive individual with a mandate for change.
* to increase cycling participation rates within Plymouth. Better infrastructure as well as providing opportunities for non-cyclists to try cycling, providing opportunities for social rides
* to encourage healthier lifestyles eg regular exercise, sustainable transport, improving city centre environment
* to provide a network for cycling groups to air their views and decide collectively on cycling priorities in Plymouth